What do I do?
I’m an independent education consultant, specialising in behaviour and attendance. I work in primary and secondary schools:
- Transforming the ability and confidence levels of teaching staff by watching them teach and giving them insightful feedback and simple practical tweaks that transform their teaching
- Giving strategic advice to senior leaders such as helping schools prepare effectively for Ofsted.
- Building the capacity of middle leaders for example supporting subject leaders to take responsibility for the climate for learning and behaviour in their departments
- Working with data managers to build effective systems for the analysis and reporting of behaviour and attendance
- Delivering CPD at all levels which is consistently rated as good and outstanding by schools.
- Write and deliver courses for Creative Education
- Work as a special adviser with SL-BA
- Run a network for Pupil Referral Units in the North West of England.
- Work for two days per week at an inner city academy in the North of England giving strategic and operational support
And I still do the occasional day of supply teaching
- to make sure I can ‘walk the walk’!
I taught English and Drama at secondary level for seventeen years working as head of year and subject leader.
I worked for Wakefield Local Authority as ‘Behaviour and Attendance consultant’ for six years.
I was a ‘Regional Adviser for Behaviour and Attendance – Yorkshire and the Humber’ with The National Strategies This was a cross-phase post and lasted for two years until the end of the ‘Strategies’ in 2011.
Since then I have run my own consultancy ‘B&A Education Limited’.
Why should you hire me?
Here are some of the issues that I can help you sort:
If you have:
- Some of your staff keep getting into unnecessary confrontations with pupils?
- Some staff struggle to deal with social chatter?
- Subject leaders who don’t take the lead on behaviour for learning
- Head of house/year who are buried in the reactive and want to be proactive?
If you want to:
- Improve attendance?
- Improve behaviour?
- Deliver SEAL whole school
- Get help with the behaviour and safety SEF?
- Have better behaviour and attendance data?
- Get PLTS embedded?
- Get pupil voice working?
Do you want the best whole staff behaviour CPD at an affordable cost?
If the answers to any of the above is yes then get in touch – you have found the man you are looking for! But you don’t need to take it from me, have a look at my testimonials page.